Islamic University of Science & Technology
Awantipora, Jammu & Kashmir
The central feature of Architecture of the University is dictated by the landscape. The design of the building aims at an architectural landmark, exploratory & modern. It encourages internal and external communication for an effective human interface, befitting a modern creative environment.
- Project conceived as a miniaturized city
- Image of the project
- Permanence of the project
- System of gardens linked by shifting visual axes providing varied views
- Programmatic resolution
- Cultural and shared resources as the symbolic pivot of the project
- Flexibility through efficient grid system of the buildings
- Plan in advance for landscaping, phasing
- Program is split up into COMMUNITY LIVING, ACADEMIC, CULTURAL AND SHARED RESOURCES
- Central library, auditorium, amphitheatre and cafeteria assume a symbolic and cultural dimension thus becoming the soul of the institution. They are the embodiment of material and intellectual toil of the institution portrayed in their strategic position.
Vehicular/ Pedestrian Movement
- Vehicles limited till the peripheral road, around the campus as well as housing.
- Alternative transport like golf carts, rickshaws could be provided to minimize pollution and fuel consumption, within the campus.